Monday, October 15, 2012

lifesaver: cassava chips


When I was stunned into a stupor after learning the restrictions of the diet I was about to adopt, I went to the local health foods co-op and wandered the snacks sections for a while. Every package I checked contained at least one forbidden ingredient. There was one product, however, that I found that fit the parameters: 

Cassava chips! Cassava is inexplicably listed as acceptable on the cellular healing diet. I decided not to ask questions about root vegetables and instead purchased about 8 bags. 

I've actually found that I prefer these chips to regular potato chips. My favorite potato chips were always the really thick, crispy, salty ones. These cassava chips are SO thick and crunchy that I just love them. 

If you want to skip the chips, be on the lookout for these at your own health foods store. The brand I usually buy is CrispRoot. I'm partial to the plain chips with salt, but my mom likes their Thai Ginger flavor. Yum!



Note: I'm just reviewing this product because I love it. No one asked me to review these, no one has compensated me for this review, and no one gave me anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment